I don't know witch to choose Marantz 1060 or 2226BL?

Hi,

Are these the two amps you are deciding between?:

https://www.gearogs.com/gear/27270-Marantz-1060
https://www.gearogs.com/gear/21496-Marantz-2226B

What are your requirements? What other equipment are you connecting to them? How much are they selling for?

Hi thank you for your answer,
Yes these are the 2 amps I am deciding between, only the 2226B is actually 2226BL.
My requirements is clean sound, I have 2 turntables Technics MK2. 1200 and a mixer plug to it.
What do you think I should go for?

What is the difference between the 2226BL and the 2226B ?

If they are similar, I'd go for the 2226BL over the 1060 as it is a bit more modern (by a few years).

The only difference 2226BL and the 2226B is just the added longwave capability of the BL, a feature you might not really need. Speaking of: the 2226 is a receiver (tuner included) , the 1060 an integrated amplifier. Holy crap Nik, 'modern is better' in connection with Marantz. Their decline started sometime in the mid 70s...

Holy crap Nik, 'modern is better' in connection with Marantz. Their decline started sometime in the mid 70s...

Hah, I didn't know that. So the audio quality declined? What was the cause?

I purchased a new Marant_ 2220 receiver new in sealed carton in 1975. It only went in for its three year warranty in 1978 when my cat knocked over a plant and all the soil went inside of it. It has never malfunctioned and I still use it almost every day since then. Only thing out on it are the lights, and I will replace those some day. Value for money!

in 1980 marantz sold to Phillips who was focused on using the brands cachet to sell some admittedly sweet high end newfangled CD transports, but their post 1980 receivers never really flew off the shelves like before. likely due to some big conglomerate taking over and moving [like the rest of the industry] to cheaper components take or oems to save a dime.

I've never seen an 80s marantz still in action but those 70s ones go forever

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.